polka dots

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Austin's Birthday





We had the opportunity to celebrate Austin's birthday last night. Even though his birthday was really 3 days ago, this was pretty amazing that the Neelys could get together this quickly to celebrate. You see, it seems we never celebrate a holiday or birthday on the real date. We always have to make sure Wes is home and with him flying 3 - 5 days a week....well, let's just say that we can celebrate a holiday anytime. However, this has taught my guys to be very flexible! We've learned that a holiday isn't a date on the calendar - it's when a family can get together and celebrate!

It's hard to believe Austin is already 27 years old...I mean, he is my "baby"! But as we spent time together last night, it was amazing to look at my youngest son, his precious wife, and the most adorable little girl in the whole wide world and realize that not only is his a blessed man, but Wes and I are a blessed mom and dad.

Austin, we are so very proud of you. You bring honor to the Neely name and your dad and I love you so much. Happy birthday, son!


A wise son brings joy to his father.......Proverbs 10:1

1 comment:

  1. Ashlynn and Austin look so much alike. I loved this!!!

    ReplyDelete