polka dots

Monday, April 12, 2010

Opening Day








Brendon and I had the opportunity to go to the Texas Rangers' Opening Day. It's so much fun because of all the "pomp and circumstance" that happens before the game....there's a Dixieland band playing as you enter the ballpark, the hot dog vendors are dressed like their predecessors with their red and white striped shirts, white pants, and red caps, and people tailgating for hours before the game.

The neatest thing about Opening Day is the memories that are made. It's a day when you see families together....daddy's holding little ones hands.....all excited as they've missed a day of school to watch a baseball game together as a family.
That's the reason I like it.....memories. I love spending time with Brendon on Opening Day. We have the best time. We laugh, make jokes, eat hot dogs, lemon chills, strawberry chills, popcorn, a Big Kahuna or maybe cotton candy. You can't help but just revel in all the excitement around you and can't wait to watch your team take the field for the first time of the season.
We've done this for the past 2 years.....I hope this tradition continues for a long, long time.
Take me out to the ballgame
Take me out with the crowd
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks
I don't care if I ever get back
So it's root, root, root, for the Rangers
If they don't win it's a shame!
For it's one, two, three strikes you're out
At the old ballgame!

No comments:

Post a Comment