polka dots

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lunch in the cafetorium

Wes, a.k.a. Granddaddy, and I got to have lunch with Ashlynn at her school yesterday....in the cafetorium.  Cafetorium.....odd name, but basically it is the school cafeteria with a small stage so that the room can also be used as an auditorium.  Hence the name, cafetorium.

Anyway, I digress.  Wes and I had been looking forward to our lunch with Ashlynn all week.  We don't get to see her quite as often now that she is in school, so every chance we get to be with her is a treasure.  We stopped at McDonalds to pick up a cheeseburger happy meal and some chicken nuggets for us.  A huge smile and hugs welcomed us as we entered the cafetorium and we had a great 30 minutes of food and laughter.

We were also thrilled to see Shawna walk in to join us.  She came because she knew we would want pictures and needed a photographer.  I love her thoughtfulness.  





Just another treasure that I will remember.  I love when God stops my day for just a bit and shows me how much He loves me....through the smiles and hugs of a beautiful little 5 year old.

1 comment:

  1. Precious post...precious moments! Love the pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete