polka dots

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Amazing Grace

A couple of years ago, a very good friend of ours, Jim Grady, came to paint the exterior of our house. We asked him to match the paint that was already on our house. He went and got the paint, came back, and said' "I usually don't put a lot of stock in these kind of things, but this is really cool." Come to find out, the color of our paint was "Amazing Grace." How cool is that? Our house is covered with Amazing Grace. We all laughed and thought what a neat way for God to show us that He has our home covered!

Wes and I have just returned from a trip to Europe (will be blogging more about that today) and we were a little concerned about the trip. We knew the Lord had given us a wonderful opportunity and we were so very excited. However, we would be travelling in countries where we didn't speak the language and we would be travelling much by train. Not knowing exactly how that transportation system worked, we were a little leery. But we dedicated our trip to God and knew He would take care of us.

We boarded our plane to Paris, buckled our seat belts, and the flight attendant came on the intercom and told us that our plane was piloted by Captain Grace, Captain "Amazin'" Grace. Are you kidding me???? Now, I don't know why that captain thought he was so amazing......at that point, all I could hear was God telling me, "Cheryl, I know your concerns. I'm right here. There's grace for this whole trip - not just grace, but amazing grace. Sit back and enjoy!"

God was right. There was grace for the whole trip. It was amazing. Yes, there were some bumps along the way, but God was there and took good care of us. I love it.....God's so much fun to hang out with!

No comments:

Post a Comment