polka dots

Monday, January 30, 2012

Superbook




The kids' ministry just completed a month long "competition" for the 1st - 6th graders. We call it Superbook. We divide into two teams, Red and Blue, and compete all month by answering questions from our "homework" and playing games. It is another one of the things I love to do with the kids.

Above you see a picture of all my volunteers that helped me this year. They were all coaches, except for Ref Dani and Brendon. These guys were the very best! They yelled, screamed, and cheered their team on. They ran races, got wrapped up in toilet paper, sat on balloons to pop them, did their homework, brought their Bibles, and emptied their piggy banks for our mission project. Brendon had music blaring, awesome graphics for our scores, and all kind of surprises for us when we would dance to our song! I could not have asked for better role models for our kids. And the kids couldn't have asked for anyone to make our last four Sundays more fun than these folks did for them.

I am so very thankful for these people. Yes, I am the Children's Pastor, but I can't pull off Superbook all by myself. But with my team.......it's pretty easy. Yep, I'm blessed.

Also, our kids did a fabulous job. They brought in 191 Box Tops for Education to give to our elementary school that we have adopted and they brought $398.53 to give to our Haitian missionaries who have a feeding program for the children there. Just so you know, most of that was in change....I know....I counted it all. :)

They are already asking when we can do it again. We usually do it once a year, but I'm not sure we can wait that long. We'll see........

No comments:

Post a Comment