polka dots

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmastime

What a difference a year can make!  Last year about this time, I had pulled 1200 lights off of my prelit tree, and had been so angry (and sore from 8 hours of pulling attached lights off a tree) that I asked Wes to just throw the tree back in the box and put it away.  If it hadn't been for Shawna, I wouldn't have even had a tree last year.  (If you're interested, you can go back and read the whole story.)

So, this year I was ready.  I wasn't going to let the tree win this year and decided to go on the offensive.  Usually, I don't even think about Christmas decorating until after Thanksgiving.  But I've learned that if you wait that long to buy your decorations, many stores are already sold out of what you want.  November 13th, I was at Home Depot, buying 20 boxes of tree lights and 10 boxes of outdoor lights.  Yep, I was prepared.

The following week, Wes pulled out the tree for me and the tree lighting began.  I wound lights in and out on every branch of my tree.  The more I put on, the happier I got!  Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, the lights are purple.  Yes, I know that's not the traditional color for Christmas, but it's my favorite color and Wes and I both agree that it is the prettiest color tree we've ever had.

So, we're all decorated.  We've got a whole month to enjoy it!  It was such a pain to pull off all those lights last year....but it sure made it worth it this year!
Wish I could get a better picture....but I just can't get the purple to be purple enough.  I mean, my tree is PURPLE!  It is absolutely beautiful. 

We're all ready for Christmas here.  It is the most wonderful time of the year!

1 comment:

  1. I love your purple tree. I bet Ashlynn thinks it is the best ever! She is always telling me how much Juju loves PURPLE. :)

    ReplyDelete