polka dots

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Restoration Church

Something that I have never experienced before...watching your church building that you've been a part of for 22 years be demolished.  I've seen church buildings torn down before, but it was always because you were building a new part of the church on it.  I've never watched your church building ripped apart knowing that it was truly the end.

Restoration Church became no more in May of 2012 - and that is really a good thing.  We became CityLife Church and a new beginning was born.  So many people were sad to see the buildings go, but I'm not.  I'm thankful they are gone.  We spent so much money just trying to keep those old buildings from falling a part.  We also didn't have the money to rebuild or even get these buildings up to code.  Plus, we were in so much debt, that we couldn't even use what money we had to help others.....most of it went for the mortgage or repairs.  

So to me, watching the buildings come down was one way God showed His faithfulness to us.  We sold the property to the HEB school district.  They are going to build new administration buildings and a bus barn there.  God not only got us out of debt, but also gave us money so that we really could go into our community and serve our city.  It was also fun to see that "our land" would be used for the schools and not a shopping center or office building.  

Memories?  Oh my, YES!  More memories than I can count.  My boys grew up in these buildings.  They were baptized here, I watched them play guitars on the worship teams, Austin met his wife in those buildings, we've made lifelong friends, we watched many friends get married here and we even said goodbye to some, too.  But just because the buildings are gone doesn't mean that the friendships and the memories are too.  They linger today and will continue. I will cherish them all in my heart.  

So, this is just another part of our adventure.  What does God have in store for us?  Who knows?  But I'm glad that I get to be a part of it all.

The main wing's roof being torn off.


The west wing

Ah, SO MANY songs, VBS's, AWANA nights, and Superbooks happened in that room.  So many kids have walked through those doors.  What a treat to be a part of it all!

So thankful God provided this place for us.  Even more thankful that we're not responsible for it anymore.

1 comment:

  1. We sure have a ton of memories too but those we get to keep . I have felt a little guilty when others have been sad to see the building go away! Because I felt fine about it!! Glad someone else did too!!!

    ReplyDelete