polka dots

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mary Poppins

Night two had us at Mary Poppins.  Where the Lion King is full of special effects, Mary Poppins is just a good ol' musical.  The story-line is not like the Disney film.  It is based on the Mary Poppins books written by P.T. Travers.  And it is a much better story.  They do use all the Disney songs and more, so Ashlynn knew most of the songs and her feet were never still!  Every once in awhile she'd even try to keep up with all the arm movements while sitting in her seat.  She was SO CUTE to watch!  But when the actors did Step In Time with their tap shoes.....she just about couldn't contain herself.  This play was even more fun than Lion King!  





A spoonful of Sugar helps the medicine go down!

Our favorite: S-U-P-E-R-C-A-L-I-F-R-A-G-I-L-I-S-T-I-C-E-X-P-I-A-L-I-D-O-C-I-O-U-S.  I thought Ashlynn was going to jump out of her seat with this one!

Chim-chim-er-ree, chim-chim-er-ree......

Step in time!

Anything can happen if you let it.  Mary Poppins ends with her flying away above the audience with her umbrella.

You walk away from the play with such a song in your heart and a spring in your step.  It just makes you feel really good inside.  What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment