polka dots

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

She's 6! Where has the time gone?

Today is Ashlynn Kate's 6th birthday.  I cannot believe she is already 6 years old.  I remember getting the call from her daddy letting us know they were on their way to the hospital.  Wes and I, along with Jim and Elaine, got in our cars and headed for College Station.....hoping to get there before she was born.  I remember sitting in the waiting room wondering what she would look like.  Would she have blonde hair....blue eyes....that cute little pug nose just like her daddy?  Or would she look like her mama, with her light brown hair, brown eyes, and beautiful smile?  It really didn't matter....she was going to be the most beautiful baby on the planet....that much I did know.

I remember the moment I saw her....held her....and told her how much I loved her.  My heart melted at that moment and it does today every time I see her.  I adore this little girl and thank the Lord every day that He chose me to be her JuJu. It is a job I treasure and look forward to our life adventures ahead of us.

So, happy birthday, Ashlynn Kate.  Your JuJu loves you more than you could possibly imagine.

Our order number was 6....quite appropriate for a 6th birthday, don't you think?

Love those eyes!

She wanted a cookie cake, like her daddy always gets for his birthday.

She is her daddy's daughter.  They both love their Legos! 

Uncle Brendon gave Ashlynn a Buc-ee Pillow Pet.  It was so soft!  I tried to talk her out of it, but nothing doing.

They were playing a piano game on the iPad and the song they were playing was "Oh Susannah".  They both started singing along with the game.  Uncle Brendon always wants to play and she loves it!



No comments:

Post a Comment